- 750g Beef Brisket
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 2 x 400g Tins of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 pint Beef stock
- 2 TBSP Tomato puree
- 1-2 TBSP Chilli powder
- 1 TBSP Cocoa powder
- 1 TSP Sugar
- 1 TSP Salt
- 1 TSP Pepper
- 1 Tin Kidney beans
- Sour cream or Grated cheese (optional)
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 6-8 Hours
Heading into Autumn means several things, it means goodbye warm weather, maxi dresses and sandals, and hello to longer evenings, boots, pumpkin spiced everything and last but not least………. slow cooker meals.
Now who doesn’t love a slow cooker? it’s so easy to just throw everything in and leave it for hours to cook away, meat cooked in a slow cooker is so tender, and coming home from a long day at work to a house filled with the smell of already cooked dinner knowing that you can just serve it and put your feet up not having to stand cooking for another hour or more is just the best feeling ever.
One of my favourite slow cooker recipes for Autumn is chilli. Something about a good, hot bowl of chilli just screams Autumn to me. I personally prefer to use brisket for my chilli instead of minced beef. It’s not much more expensive than minced beef and I think it has a better texture.
So here is my step by step for my favourite slow cooker chilli recipe:
- Add all ingredients except kidney beans, sour cream and cheese to the slow cooker.
- Put the slow cooker onto low heat
- Leave for 6-8 hours
- When the chilli is cooked take 2 forks and shred the beef in the slow cooker
- Add the tin of kidney beans and cook for a further 15 minutes
- Top with sour cream or grated cheese if desired and serve